- Wear comfortable clothes – You should not wear tight clothes for the acupuncture treatment session. Tight clothes may restrict the body, blocking many benefits of the therapy. Loose, comfortable attire will help you relax and, therefore, gain maximum benefit. Such clothes also make accessing the treatment areas easier for your acupuncturist.
- Drink sufficient water – Staying hydrated is essential for maintaining a healthy body. It is also crucial for acupuncture as it enhances your blood circulation during the treatment. This ensures that your body gets the oxygen and the nutrients needed for restoration.
- Eat something – You may feel a little lightheaded or weak after the treatment if you are on an empty stomach. It is best to avoid large meals though. Just have a small snack half an hour before you visit your acupuncturist. This will ensure your blood sugar, as well as energy levels, remain stable.
- Take pain medications – You may be seeking treatment for relieving yourself of pain, but it is best to stay away from pain relievers before your treatment. Pain medications may prevent you from experiencing the flow of restorative energy provided by acupuncture. As your body works on processing the medications, there is less room to be in a receptive state.
- Drink caffeine or alcohol before – Acupuncture enhances your natural energy. So, you should avoid consuming anything that can interfere with the result of treatments. Alcohol, for example, is a depressant that reduces natural energy levels.
- Hurry to the appointment – Rushing to an appointment may make you feel stressed. Schedule your appointment only at a time that is the most suitable for you. Arriving relaxed and having time to rest post the treatment will elevate the benefits of the treatment.
If you are looking for the best acupuncture neck pain relief, contact Dr. Doweon Park. He is a board-certified practitioner of Chinese herbal medicine. Let Dr. Park heal your neck pain holistically, schedule an appointment by calling at 516-935-0900.